The perfect layering piece to elevate any look
The Sportcoat Collection was the first collection Duchess designed as part of our "Everyday Style Initiative" and it has proven to be a popular favorite with clients. A custom sportcoat will quickly become your favorite go-to jacket.
You can order these styles as illustrated below, or mix and match the various design details to achieve exactly the look you desire.
Every Duchess sportcoat includes the following:
- Your choice of fabric from the Classic Collection fabrics*
- Any lining fabric from our extensive collection
- Your choice from dozens of specialty buttons including resin, corozo, horn, and metal options
- One of three inner construction options - see below for more details
- Any of the specialty details featured in the six designs, including elbow patches, striped sleeve lining, and contrast buttonhole stitching
- Alterations as needed to achieve a flattering fit
* We can also make sportcoats using Luxury Collection fabrics - ask your consultant for more details.
Duchess offers three options for sportcoat construction. Please know that any of the six sportcoat styles can be made with any construction type. Your consultant can help you choose between your options.
- Unstructured: An unstructured sportcoat is made without a canvas and is partially lined (either 1/3 lined or quarter lined). Unstructured sportcoats have a softer look and are therefore an excellent choice for jackets that will be worn in casual settings.
- Half Canvas: These jackets are made with a half canvas and can be either partially or fully lined. Half canvas sportcoats will have a crisp polished appearance, making them very versatile as layering pieces. They can be dressed up or down as the occasion warrants.
- Full canvas: These jackets are the most like a suit jacket and are fully lined. Full canvas construction is perfect for jackets that will be worn in business settings or that are made from heavier fabrics like flannel and tweed.